Friday, June 19, 2015

Road trip & hauls

Road trip to Ipoh and Cameron Highlands, 17 June 2015
Before our exams even started Ivy and I were already excited about post-exams plans. =_____= That was during revision. Hahaha. Decided to visit Ipoh and Cameron Highlands since other places are either expensive or far away. Lol.

Fei decided on the date last month and since then Ivy was always excited. Lol.

Woke up mad early on Wednesday lor. T_____T Got up at 4am okay. Cos Fei wanted to start the journey at 5.30am. =_____= The reason he gave was to avoid traffic jams wtf. No cars at all ok jam what. =_____=

We reached Ipoh at around 7.45am. :D

Sorry that's my phone's reflection hahahaha.

Fei and Ivy were laughing at me thinking I didn't get the photo. HAHAHA. WHAT IS THIS HUH?

Headed to Ming Court straight! It's dimsum time!!

Ipoh station 1: Ming Court
Air conditioned, good food and not as exaggerating as Fohsan. Simple and classic!


After our breakfast we had a brainstorm session in the restaurant itself cos it was only 8.30am and no one knew where to go cos it was so early and no other places were opened. =_____= Decided on Kek Lok Tong in the end, a temple and stalactites cave with a beautiful garden at the back.

Ipoh station 2: Kek Lok Tong
Thank god for the good weather. Free entrance, opens at 8am and gate closes at 6pm daily.


These mini sculptures are placed at the front of the entrance of the cave! So awesome.



The stalactites. :D And yes they do actually drip water!! :OO

Birds waking up flying around in and out the cave lol.

Towards the end of the cave.



Ipoh, home of the limestone.

Zen Garden!

Risked our lives taking this picture. Hi geese sekalian.

Along the track you will see these sculptures.

I think that morning we were like the only youngsters there. Hahaha. Besides us were uncles and aunties that were there for morning jog or exercise. We were the only ones snapping photos hahaha.

Left at 9.30am and Fei said maybe we should see if Funny Mountain's opened. But they start their business at 10am? :/ Fei went on anyway. =_____= But by the time we reached there it was already 9.45am and they were opened. :D

Ipoh station 3: Funny Mountain Soya
Opens everyday (I think) from 10am onwards till they finished selling.

Ivy and I were acting sampat sigh.


Conversation between Fei and I:
Me: Okay ma RM1.20 nia 1 bowl.
Fei: *whispers* VERY SMALL BOWL ONLY ONE.
Me: *?!!?!* Really???

So I made the order and waited. And true enough, so mini. =_____=

Then Ivy said "huh so small only! I can eat all 3 bowls (our 3 bowls) lo!" LOLOL. Walao I turned away so fast cos I was so afraid the sellers heard her HAHAHAHA. Paise okay!

But it was really good la, really smooth and soft.


Finished our soya and went up the car to brainstorm where else to go. =_____= We were like having an impromptu trip instead of planning properly wtf.

Ivy then asked why not just go up to Cameron Highlands lo. But then I was worried the weather would be bad up there that day. So I went to google 'Cameron Highlands weather' and the weather report actually came up lo. (Fei and Ivy said IMPOSSIBLE to check hmph I proved them wrong again!) So we decided in the end to go up. It was a never ending trip spiraling around the steep slope.


Finally reached Cameron Highlands at 11.50am. This time I couldn't get the picture of the words 'Cameron Highlands' cos I reacted too slow and my phone didn't wanna respond. T_____T

Cameron Highlands station 1: Cactus Point
No entrance fees! The cacti there all are so cute okayyyy!!




Especially these!!! WHY SO CUTE ONE?!?! Got bunny ears some more!!

They sell orchids too!

By the way there were orchids (spotted by Fei while driving) (according to Ivy they're wild) growing along the winding road up to Cameron lo!

Cameron Highlands station 2: Rose Centre
Entrance fee is RM5 each adult and RM3 each child (I think).

But that RM5 is worth it! So many things to see!















So nais right all the flowers! Visitors are not allowed to pick the flowers though, if they do, it'll be RM50 fine for each flower lol.

I made Fei's legs look so long hahahaha. Even Wen said this photo has the feel okay.

Even the stairs that lead us up to the peak were nicely painted!

And here we are! Hahaha.

Cameron from the peak of Rose Centre.

Actually there was another super high peak that we didn't bother hiking up. Plus it seemed quite scary to me to go all the way up there. :S

The peak is further up, where the chinese words board were. So no thanks. Not going up. Lol.

Then we researched which strawberry farm to go because most of them seemed to be closed. =_____= Found Big Red Strawberry Farm in the end and off we go!

Cameron Highlands station 3: Big Red Strawberry Farm
No entrance fees, self-pick strawberries available at RM50 per kg or RM25 per half kg.

Ivy and I shared a basket ie RM50 per kg.



Us happy with our self-pick strawberries lolol.

Then Ivy being the usual Miss tam chiak wanted to try ALL things available on the menu in the cafe in the farm. =_____= Of course I stopped her.

All Ivy's except for that waffle which was shared by Fei and I.

Scones and tea @ RM9.90; waffles @ RM6.90 and fried ice cream @ RM4.90.

Headed to Lavender farm after that, which was also our last stop!

Cameron Highlands station 4: Cameron Lavender Farm
Entrance fees of RM6 each adult, can't remember how much is it for children lol. Totally wasted my money there.

First, it's full of chicken shit smell cos most of their lavenders were dead I think and they had to plant new ones and dumped chicken shit as natural fertilizer on the fucking soil ARGH KILL ME PLEASE.

Second, as mentioned above, most of their lavenders were gone, there were only 1 small patch in the front with grown lavenders.

Third, there were really nothing much to see.

Fourth, went up to their so-called 'view point' and when we were there there were NOTHING visible from that point. 'nuff said.



These 2 pictures were from the 2nd level. Nothing much at all.

I find these balls with Totoro inside very cute hahaha. Took 3 actually. Also nearly died taking this photos cos the chicken shit smell was so fucking overwhelming.

THIS. THIS IS THE WORST. RM5.50 for an ice cream like that? I expected much more okay. WTF?

Obviously the ice cream half killed Ivy lol. Didn't kill me but I'll never ever eat it again.

Here's the obligatory lavender photo because I paid RM6 for entrance fee. =_____= See, at the back there were only greens and not purple!!

Cheat my feelings one. Don't wanna go back to this place ever again. HMPH!

Balik kampung after we left this chicken shit smell place.

Reached Penang at 6pm+ but we were stuck in the fucking industrial jam at Bayan Lepas. God saves our souls please. Then Ivy and I were making fun of other drivers stressing in the car hahahaha. And there was this uncle on a big truck that kept looking at us wtf. Cannot laugh is it now?? Crime ah? Against the law ah?

Look at the damn jam. =_____=

But overall we certainly did have fun hehe! :D

#timespentwithfeiandkoala #roadtrip #happygirl

Shopping hauls, 18 June 2015!
Sao Monkey told me last Saturday that ESS starts on Thursday! Marked my calendar and told mum must go fight with people on Thursday lolol.

Sadly nothing in Topshop/DP caught my eyes sigh.

BUT the top in Miss Selfridge that I wanted since before CNY was on sale already!!! Actually when SM told me there'll be sale my instincts were already telling me my top is going to be marked down and I knew it's going to be on 50% sale. But I didn't wanna fall down hard in case it only goes down on 30% LOL so I convinced myself not to be so overly excited. Hahahaha.

Dug through the clothes and didn't see my top at first. Panicked wtf looked around the shop while mum was chatting with Steven wtf. She didn't help me at all!! Hmph. Went back to the 50% section for the 2nd time and finally found it by recognising its sleeves!! Mad happy ok!

Also went in to MNG to kepo at the Mickey and Minnie tees that caught my eyes on Tuesday when I was there with Ivy. Hehehe it was RM49 on Tuesday and yesterday it was only RM34!!


Embellishments on my MS top hehehe so subtle and simple and not attention seeking. Mad love!

Then Wen and Fei came up for dinner hehe! Wen bought me an owl ring!! :*

Fat fingerz. :[

Fei bought us all taufufah hahaha okay la quite nice also, quite smooth!

Didn't get any photos of our dinner or taufufah cos everyone was busy eating already. =_____=

Happy trip followed by happy day makes a happy girl! :D

#happygirl #hauls


And later I'm going to watch Minions! HEHEHE. 3 consecutive happy days!

Toodles!!

No comments: